As you know a lot of people are reeling from Amazon’s changing of the rules about allowing customers to opt out of emails from sellers. Some people think that this means that you can no longer contact customers. This is not true. If you try to contact a customer Amazon will not deliver the message and will inform you that the customer has opt-ed out. They then expect you to not try to contact the customer via regular methods again.
A couple days ago (3 days after the new policy from Amazon) ZonMaster implemented the bulk blocking tool.
Now we announce another method that might be easier for you: setting up and automated rule in your email to simply forward Amazon’s notification email to us. We’ll do all the rest.
When you log into your ZonMaster account now, on the dashboard in the lower right you’ll see an ‘Additional Info’ box. In there will be a cryptic long email address. This is your personalized email address for forwarding Amazon emails. Do NOT use this address to try and communicate with ZonMaster as it is not human monitored.
In most mail systems you’ll need to verify an email address to forward to. We’ll discuss that below.
All mail systems are different, but, in general here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log into ZonMaster and get your personalized email address
- Log into your email client (example: Gmail)
- Set up a rule. We suggest something like (again, this is how you would do it on Gmail)
- Match on subject CONTAINING ‘Your message to a buyer could not be delivered’ or has the words ‘buyer has opted out of unsolicited messages’
- We also suggest ‘archiving’ the messages so that they don’t appear in your inbox (or notify you on your phone).
- Forward message to your a new address
- In Gmail you’ll be taken to a screen to add the new address. Enter your personalized email address from the ZonMaster dashboard. We’ll get notification and email you back a code to authorize
- Apply to existing emails
- Sit back…we’ll do the blocking and blacklisting for you
It’s early days for this system. If you experience any difficulties in setting this up send us an email via the Contact Us form and we’ll do our best to walk you through it.